Metso Foundries Jyväskylä Inc.
Metso Foundries Jyväskylä Inc. - a wide range of grey and nodular iron castings
Metso Foundries Jyväskylä Inc. is a part of Metso Corporation, and one of the largest iron foundries in Finland. Production comprises 1/4 of production of total iron casting in Finland, in high-quality iron grades (grey and nodular iron) with the first casting cast in 1948. Our competencies include paper machinery components as well as other non-related industry applications. The foundry's annual technical production capacity is c. 25.000 tons.
Hand moulded casting: up to 70 ton
Two production lines: one specializing in demanding heavy weight castings up to 70 ton, the other in shafts, cylinder and roll shells over 16 m in length, Ø 3 m and 100 ton in weight. Batch sizes vary between one to hundreds per year.
Typical castings: dryer cylinders, rolls, shafts, cylinder blocks, hubs, frames, planet carriers, gearboxes and flylwheels.
Quality certifications: ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified by Det Norske Veritas. Leading classification societies have accepted the foundry as a preferred supplier.
- Metso Paper (pulp, board and paper machinery)
- Wärtsilä (power plant and marine)
- Moventas (gears and drives)
- ABB (marine motors, generators)
- WinWind (wind turbines)
- Andritz (pulp machinery)
- Metso Minerals (mining construction)
- Technical production capacity c. 25.000 ton/yr
- Grey and nodular iron grades
- Hand moulded castings, up to 70 000 kg (70 ton)
- Cylinder and roll components over 16 m in length, Ø 3 m and 100 ton in weight